Diploma in agriculture program aims to produce mid-level agriculture technicians to fulfill the demand of nation and agro-technology transformation to the farmers. After the completion of a Diploma in Agriculture, students will be able to manage farms or work in agricultural business. The courses cover everything from agricultural production to marketing and business management. Students will develop the communication and leadership skills needed to thrive in agro-industry, marketing, and financial services, livestock and crop supply, crop management, agricultural merchandising, and managing a farm. They can also work as instructors in high schools where CTEVT has extended annex agro-vet programs from class 9.
The aim of this course is to produce mid-level human resources equipped with knowledge and skills in agriculture and allied subjects.
• To provide technical knowledge and skills in different aspects of agriculture, horticulture and plant protection with community development and entrepreneurship
• To produce quality human resources to provide technical and managerial services in the public and private agriculture sector
• To develop competency in agriculture-related enterprises
• To provide extensive field-based experiences to meet specific and growing needs of different agriculture and horticulture stakeholders
• At least grade C in any two subjects i.e. Compulsory Mathematics, Compulsory Science or English, and D+ in the remaining subjects in Secondary Education Examination (SEE) or equivalent from recognized academic institutions.
• The student should qualify in the entrance examination administered by CTEVT.
• Final selection will be made on the basis of the merit list.
• Student quota for different categories will be Candidates will submit the following documents at the time of application:
• SLC/TSLC/SEEpassed certificate Or equivalent
• Character certificate
• Birth certificate or citizenship certificate(for the verification of students name, parent’s name, age, date of birth and address)
• Medium of Instruction- The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali.
• Course Duration- The duration of the course will be for three years. The first year courses are termed as core courses and the second and third-year courses as applied courses. One academic year consists of a maximum of 39 academic weeks. In these 39 weeks, students will attend internal theory, practical classes and final exams. Remaining 13 weeks in the year, they will go for summer/ winter and other festival vacation and one academic week consists of a maximum of 40 hours.
• Group Size – 40 students in one batch
• Attendance Policy- The students should secure at least 90 percent of attendance during the course in the classroom and 95 percent attendance at the fieldwork to appear in annual and final examinations.
• Pass Marks: The students should secure40 in theory examination and 60 in practical examination.
• Distinction: 80% and above
• First division: 65% to below 80%
• Pass division: 40% in theory and 60% in practical
The council for technical education and vocational training will award certificates in ‘Diploma in Agriculture’ to the candidates who successfully complete the requirements as prescribed by the CTEVT.
After graduation of this course, students will be eligible to join Bachelor’s Degree in the University of Agriculture and Forestry.
After completion of this course, the graduates have high chances of getting a job as Agriculture technicians in local government, the provincial government, and federal government via Public Service Commission (LokSewaAayog) and other NGOs and NGOs, in banking sectors in Nepal and abroad.